All day tickets are non refundable, and non-transferrable.
Cold weather closure: If the temperature feels like -30, you must rebook for a different operational date, or a rain cheque will be issued. Rain cheques can only be used within the current season, based on capacity. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 780-837-8144 for any further inquiries.
Alpine Responsibilty and Liabilty
Exclusion of Liability
TERMS & CONDITIONS
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIM
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
I am aware that skiing and snowboarding involve many risks, dangers and hazards including, but not limited to: boarding, riding and disembarking ski lifts; changing weather conditions; avalanches; exposed rock, earth, ice and other natural objects; trees, tree wells, tree stumps and forest deadfall; the condition of snow or ice on or beneath the surface; variations in the terrain which may create blind spots or areas of reduced visibility; variations in the surface or sub-surface, including changes due to man-made or artificial snow; variable and difficult conditions; streams, creeks, and exposed holes in the snow pack above streams or creeks; cliffs; snowcat roads, road-banks or cut-banks; collision with lift towers, fences, snow making equipment, snow grooming equipment, snowcats, snowmobiles or other vehicles, equipment or structures; collision with other persons; loss of balance or control; failure to act safely or within one’s own ability or to stay within designated areas; negligence of other skiers, snowboarders and other persons; and NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES, INCLUDING THE FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS REFERRED TO ABOVE.
I am also aware that the risks, dangers and hazards referred to above exist throughout the ski area and that many hazards are unmarked. I FREELY ACCEPT AND FULLY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS AND THE POSSIBILITY OF PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OR LOSS RESULTING THEREFROM.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
In consideration of the Releasees accepting my application for a Season/Daily pass and permitting my use of the lifts, ski runs, trails, terrain parks, race courses, restaurants, day lodge and other ski area facilities (hereinafter “the facilities”), and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged, I hereby agree as follows:
1. TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may in the future have against THE RELEASEES, and TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury including death that I may suffer, or that my next of kin may suffer, as a result of my use of or my presence on the facilities DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE, INCLUDING ANY DUTY OF CARE OWED UNDER ANY APPLICABLE OCCUPIERS’ LIABILITY LEGISLATION ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES, AND ALSO INCLUDING THE FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS REFERRED TO ABOVE;
2. TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any damage to property of or personal injury to any third party, resulting from my use of or presence on the facilities;
3. This Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives, in the event of my death or incapacity;
4. This Agreement and any rights, duties and obligations as between the parties to this Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta and no other jurisdiction; and
5. Any litigation involving the parties to this Agreement shall be brought solely within the Province of Alberta, and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Province of Alberta.
- In entering into this Agreement I am not relying upon any oral or written representations or statements made by the Releasees with the respect to the safety of skiing or snowboarding other than what is set forth in this Release Agreement.
- The Season or Daily Pass issued to the Passholder is the property of LITTLE SMOKY SKI AREA, is not transferable, not for resale and is revocable for misconduct or breach of the Alpine Responsibility Code.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT AND I AM AWARE THAT BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT I AM WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH I OR MY HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, AND REPRESENTATIVES MAY HAVE AGAINST THE RELEASEES.
1. I accept full responsibility for the care of the rental equipment (“the Equipment”) listed on this form and I agree to pay for any damage to the Equipment and replace at full retail value any Equipment not returned by the agreed date.
2. I am familiar with the proper use of the Equipment. I understand that the rental technicians are able to answer questions I may have as to the proper use of the Equipment.
3. I have made no misrepresentation in regard to my height, weight, age or skier type. (This information is required in order to properly adjust the ski boot/binding settings). I agree to verify that the settings appearing in the visual indicator windows on the bindings correspond with the settings to be recorded on this form.
4. I also agree to return the Equipment in clean condition to avoid any additional charges
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
I am aware that skiing and, snowboarding involve risks, dangers and hazards and that injuries are a common and ordinary occurrence of these sports.
SKIING I understand that the ski boot/binding system may not release during every fall or may release unexpectedly. The ski boot/binding system is no guarantee that the user will not be injured.
SNOWBOARDING I understand that the boot/binding system in not designed or intended to release and will not release under normal circumstances. I understand that as the boot/binding system is a non-release system, this system will not reduce the risk of injury during a fall and will increase the risk of not surviving an avalanche.
HELMETS I understand that a helmet designed for RECREATIONAL SNOW SPORTS use will help reduce the risk of some types of injuries to the user at slower speeds. I recognise that serious injury or death can result from both low and high energy impacts, even when a helmet is worn.
I FREELY ACCEPT AND FULLY ASSUME ALL RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF THE EQUIPMENT.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
In consideration of the rental of the Equipment, I hereby agree as follows:
1. TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may in the future have against Little Smoky Ski Area and the manufacturer and distributor of the Equipment, and their directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (all of whom are hereinafter collectively referred to as “the Releasees”) and TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury including death that I may suffer, or that my next of kin may suffer, resulting from or arising out of any aspect of my use of the Equipment, DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF WARRANTY ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES in respect of the design, manufacture, selection, installation, maintenance or adjustment of the Equipment, or in respect of the provision of or the failure to provide any warnings, directions, instructions or guidance as to the use of the Equipment;
2. TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any damage to property of or personal injury to any third party, resulting from my use of the Equipment;
3. This Release Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives, in the event of my death or incapacity;
4. This Release Agreement and any rights, duties and obligations as between the parties to this Release Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta and no other jurisdiction; and
5. Any litigation involving the parties to this Release Agreement shall be brought solely within the Province of Alberta and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Province of Alberta.
Safety to our guests is our number one priority. We have a mandatory face covering policy that comes in effect the moment you step out of your vehicle.
There will be various reminders throughout the hill to stay 6ft(or 2 meters) apart from each group/cohort/household (?)
Arrive together, ride together.
Although we will be accepting cash, contactless payment (ie debit/credit cards) are preferred. We also welcome prepaid tabs. Tap is now available in the rental shack as well as in the chalet.
There are numerous hand sanitizer stations throughout both main buildings. Please use them upon entering both buildings.
This season will be different from what you are used to in previous years. Please take the time to read directional signage that will be posted throughout the hill.
Tickets will not be given if inappropriate winter footwear is worn. Please note with limited rental capacity, we will not be offering rental boots for the tube park.
The chalet’s only entrance will be through the ramp doors, and the two patio doors are the exits. Due to high traffic areas, you will not be able to re-enter the chalet from the patio. If capacity allows, you must re-enter through the ramp doors.
Please wait to be seated upon entrance.
As per the current AHS guidelines, we have limited seating in the chalet. We are encouraging the usage of your car lodge for eating and storage of personal belongings.
We are allowing cubby usage in the chalet with proper sanitization and spacing, but we highly recommend leaving personal items in your vehicle, as access to the cubbies are very limited.
The usage of our chalet and patio must be accompanied by a lift ticket per individual.
There will be a time limit for chalet usage. This ensures everyone has a chance to warm up.
No outside food is permitted in the chalet. If you have a bagged lunch you must consume it in your vehicle.
You must purchase your lift ticket and rentals through our online booking system. This includes season passholders.
Due to capacity limits, there will be limited space in the rental shop for rentals and teching of equipment.
Please follow directional signage throughout the rental shop.